Saturday 26 November 2011

Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Following on from my post of the 12th which is really too painful to reprise I find myself finally realising that there is indeed a conspiracy against me. Not that I am paranoid or anything!! Two weeks ago I ordered the bike rack. They told me it would be ready by the Wednesday. I popped in on the Thursday to collect only for a sheepish owner to tell me it had not arrived. It was somewhere in the system and he was on it and a replacement was on the way and would be there by Friday. Naturally enough the estate agent like person (bullshitter) then confirmed on Friday it wasnt there. But he was going to build a smaller one and loan it to me. So off I toddled on the Saturday to get my loan. Long story but it didnt fit on the electrics and even though he said it would be ok all I could see was a raft of tickets so I politely told him no. Next, wait for it, he told me he was in the SAS. Yes seriously I mean it, this bike shop owner would have me believe he was a member of that elite group!! I mentioned I was an ex military man myself and he hurriedly changed his story to territorial SAS. Bizarre.

Anyway Walter Mitty went back in with a stinging rebuke ringing in his ears. Get my rack by Tuesday or you will be SAS, sod all sales to me.

Anyway to cut a long story shortI finally got it yesterday, two weeks after ordering it.

I cycled to Torcross today and was passed by some odd lady driving the popemobile. You know the type of vehicle I mean. Its a van with big windows. Anyway she was coming towards me, slowed, stopped and then as I passed she shook her head. What was all that about? If you are out there please contact me as I am genuinely intrigued.

Damn it was windy today and a hard cycle across Slapton line. Fortunately I was wearing my new long johns which are infinitely superior to boxers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment